Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Organic Egg Scorecard

Cornucopia Institute Home Page

Thank God for The Cornucopia Institute! Just yesterday, they released a well timed Organic Egg Scorecard that has been 2 years in the making.

For quite some time I have questioned some of the organic egg brands on the market. The brands I always questioned were Kirkland (Costco) organic eggs, Wild Harvest (Supervalu/Cub) and Roundy's Organics. Do you see a trend here? Big grocery chains. However, it does not stop there.

I personally have always purchased Schultz Organic Eggs from Owatonna, MN. I am certain of Larry Schultz's farming practices and therefore I knew I was buying a superior organic egg. I am pleased to see they finished with a "5 egg" rating, but I am not surprised.

I encourage each of you to take a look at the Organic Egg Scorecard and base your future purchases on this report. You and your family deserve to get what you are paying for as a consumer in addition to the full benefits of a truly organic egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment